Garmin "Colorado", "Dakota" & "

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

RustyNail09
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Re: Garmin "Colorado", "Dakota" & &q

Post by RustyNail09 »

Firmware update available for the Oregon 200 that I have found, most likely one for the upper models too. Also a new Garmin communicator plug-in for the web browser is also available.
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

A friend is looking at the Oregon 200 that Bass Pro has on sale right now. I see a couple of people have it. What are the pros and cons of this one?

My friend wants to get into geocaching, but also wants it for over the road use.

I'm assuming you still need the City Navigator and a 2GB micro SD card to load all the detailed maps?

The Garmin site used to be easier to navigate, so I'm coming here for the answers!
RustyNail09
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by RustyNail09 »

I personally own one, Scuba has one, my dad has one.

Pros: Touch screen (if you like a touch screen), nice high sensitivity receiver, easy to navigate the menus/

Cons: can be a tad hard to read text in DIRECT sunlight from a distance, no wireless transfer capabilities, pray to god you don't break the screen.

As for maps, I would suggest a 4gb microSD/ 1.2gb will be taken up by CityNav NT maps, let alone if you want to add Topo maps, or store your pocket queries on it.
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I've had a Colorado 400t for a month or so now and even though I've only used it a few times, I am very happy with it. It is accurate and sooooo amazingly easy to use.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!