NEW NWOGEO T-shirts contest (topic closed)

Moderator: Steering Committee

GoodDog
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

NEW NWOGEO T-shirts contest (topic closed)

Post by GoodDog »

It's time to get some new logo shirts made. We could use the same design that we now have and save a few bucks on printing. However, some members already have that design and want something new. So, I'm announcing the 2006 T-shirt (not wet) design contest. There will be two categories:
regular T-shirts (same design could be used on sweatshirts) and a polo or golf type "dress" shirt for those special occasions.
Weather we get both will depend on price and if we get enough orders. Here are the guidelines.

T-SHIRTS
The design can include our current logo, but it doesn't have to. The design can be on the front, back, both front and back or breast pocket. The NWOGEO must be prominent but not overpowering. There can be any wording, slogan, or picture you want. Any colors. Keep it in good taste.
A few things to keep in mind when ordering T-shirts.

>The more colors, the more expense.

>Size of the design doesn't matter. A 6in. design costs the same as a 12 in. design.

>We need something that will appeal to most of our members. Age range 6 years to almost extinct. We can't afford to custom make some in-your-face bold design and a more mature design. [We'll we could, but I don't think you would like the price]

> We can get different colored shirts, so when choosing colors try to think of what the design will look like on beige, grey, blue etc. A dark design might look good on a white or light grey shirt, but won't show up on a dark blue or green one.

GOLF SHIRT
Since this is a "dress" shirt, the design will be limited to the left breast and possibly the right shoulder (outside part). It can be our current logo just placed there, we can vote on that, or it can be something new. It can be just some wording (must include NWOGEO, of course) but not too much. We are not redesigning our logo now, but we could come up with a second one for things like this.
A few things to keep in mind on Polo type shirts.

> These would probably look best if they were embroidered.
> Embroidered shirts vary a lot in price based on the number of stitches. The more intricate the design, the more it will cost.
> I'm not sure if a lot of colors in the design makes for a difference in price. I'll have to check into it.
> Again, you could order these shirts in different colors, so try to come up with a design that will look good on a number of different colors.

Since I'm the one doing all the footwork, I will consult with the Steering Committee on some things, and back to everybody on others, but if necessary I'll make the final decisions as they come up. We are not going to let this drag out and go back and forth for months. I'd like to get them ordered and on your backs by June if we can.

All designs must be submitted online by May 1. Voting will start as soon as possible online and hopefully at the Spring Event on May 6. I will have to get together with our web gurus to set up a site where the designs can be viewed and votes casts. If all this can't be done by then, then we will extend the deadline.

The winner of the contest will get a free T-shirt, Polo shirt or both if they submit both winning designs, as well as bragging rights and your name in lights on our web page.

If we don't get any or enough designs, or anything appropriate, then I'll just take orders for our current shirts. We will make one of the voting catergories "No Change". We can't order shirts if enough people won't buy them because they don't like the design.

I welcome any suggestions. This thing can be tweeked.
Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Re: NEW NwoGeo T-shirts contest

Post by Cachemeister »

Where can one go to see what previous years designs look like?
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Cachemeister wrote:Where can one go to see what previous years designs look like?
Well we only have one design. Have you seen the t-shirts we now have.?

The logo in the center of the chest, about 4in square, the rest looks like this.

Northwest Ohio
Geocachers
logo
logo
logo
http://www.NWOGEO.org

Crap, this won't stay centerd.

The NWOGEO is in sky blue and so it the nw part of the state. Only two colors. We were cheap.

This is the best a non techie can do. Maybe someone has the origional design on their hard drive and can post it. Gizmo?, Dave?
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by cheechgang »

Here it is, Actual size, it is on the front of the t-shirt positioned directly between my two, uh, well, you know...

(Click here for actual size!)
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
KCBoom

Post by KCBoom »

Are any of the old shirts still available? XL if possible.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=171891:wp2yq79j][img:wp2yq79j]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=N.K.A.W.T.G&uid=c3580c56-8c1a-4d3d-b01a-c8a2ebe63e06&bg=1[/img:wp2yq79j][/url:wp2yq79j]
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

No, we sold most of them and what we had left we gave away as prizes at our Xmas party.
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by cheechgang »

You can have mine for a phenominal price :lol:
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
jsj444

Post by jsj444 »

LOL I missed out on them too. Oh well, I won't make the same mistake this year.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=211379:27b4o2g9][img:27b4o2g9]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=The+Wanderer!&uid=7dd6d1fa-c8fd-47ed-adc6-98b11f478263&bg=1[/img:27b4o2g9][/url:27b4o2g9]
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

It was brought to my attention that not everyone who might want to submit a design for the shirts would be able to design it on a computer. If you want to hand draw something and scan it, or take a picture ala Cheech's that would be ok. Presentation means a lot, but what we need is ideas. At most screen printing shops they have someone who can put your artwork into action.

Also, yes you can submit more than one idea.
KCBoom

Post by KCBoom »

Last years T-shirt design sure would look good on a NWOGEO coin :wink:
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=171891:wp2yq79j][img:wp2yq79j]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=N.K.A.W.T.G&uid=c3580c56-8c1a-4d3d-b01a-c8a2ebe63e06&bg=1[/img:wp2yq79j][/url:wp2yq79j]
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Well, no designs submitted yet. If we don't get any, I get to make what I want. Let's see Java, the Golden, will be on the back and DeJa the German Shepherd will be on the front. Each will have the NwoGeo logo in place of one eye. :wink: Could work.

If we do get any submissions, send them to me in an email, I'll collect them and send them to Jason to all be put up at one time. I think all the submissions will be anonymous, just a number. I'd like this to be a design contest.
Flybye
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by Flybye »

Is there a date when the design has to be submitted by?
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Flybye wrote:Is there a date when the design has to be submitted by?
all the info is at the beginning of this topic.
BizB
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by BizB »

One just for fun.

GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

I sometime have that problem when I'm caching in the winter.

Hey Biz , send me an email to my home address. I'll leave this one up so others can see what the competition is, but send the others to me so I can spring them on the group all at once.