Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Meet &

Moderator: Steering Committee

GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Me

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I called East of Chicago and they DO NOT have WiFi. I personally think that Buffalo Wild Wings will be the best place to have it. I talked to an assistant-manager by the name of Jeremy and explained geocaching and the event idea and everything to him. He seemed to be willing to bend over backwards and do what ever it takes to accommodate us. I know Biggby Coffee only has room for about a dozen people and Tim Horton's Coffee might be able to hold 20. My vote is for BWW.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
ica-jess
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by ica-jess »

I am all for having a meeting in Defiance BWW, that would save me a long drive to either Findlay or Toledo. I am game.
T-Hunter
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by T-Hunter »

I didn't see this thread until Ica-Jess told me about it. I am all for Defiance as well. and just so happens BWW is one of my favorites but I don't need wifi so I am not picky.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

So when the date?
T-Hunter

Post by T-Hunter »

Hope it's a weekend day.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Be sure to check our Home page Event Schedule here to pick a date that does not compete with an existing event. FYI... we just posted our twice yearly B.G. Meet & Eat for March 11th too.

Also if you want to make it an "official" NWOGEO M&E, then we could post a poll here to see if everyone would be ok with pre-empting our regular Maumee and Findlay M&E for that month (as in a future month, like April of May), to encourage people to travel to the "nomadic" M&E instead, like we do for the B.G. M&E.

Just a thought! :)

Whether the M&E is hosted by NWOGEO, or by an individual member, we will be sure to post it here on our Home page Event Schedule.

Oh... and I agree the GeoFlint13 that BWW is probably your best overall choice too! (Especially if you can convince them to turn down the background volume a bit.
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Mon 2009-02-02, 00:38:05, edited 1 time in total.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Yogi57 wrote:So when the date?

We're (TeamMina & I) are trying to work it out. We want to hear what McCombRef thinks about it too.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Definately at BWW on a Saturday at 1 or 2pm. I was thinking Feb. 28. Like GizmoGuy mentioned, there is a B.G. M&E on Mar. 11 and TeamMina mentioned to me that there is a CITO event in April. I think we should do this before those 2 big events happen and spring kicks into full swing when everbody gets busy doing other things.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

Feb 28 sounds good. If we're going for that date we need to post it right away. Talk to GG and he can post it within minutes if he have the details.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Yogi57 wrote:Feb 28 sounds good. If we're going for that date we need to post it right away. Talk to GG and he can post it within minutes if he have the details.
I asked Sheryl (TeamMina) if she would be willing to do the page for geocaching.com since she volunteered, so I'm waiting to here back from her. I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on.
ica-jess
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by ica-jess »

I hear through the grape vine that the date is 2-28-09 at 2pm. I will be there; I will just have to go into work earlier than normal so that I can leave on time to get to Defiance.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

GeoFlint13 wrote:
Yogi57 wrote:So when the date?

We're (TeamMina & I) are trying to work it out. We want to hear what McCombRef thinks about it too.

TeamMina is not available on 2/28/09 so if that is the date chosen, we will not be able to attend or help.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

OK, IT'S SET! Defiance, Buffalo Wild Wild Wings, Saturday Feb. 21st @ 2 pm.
Anyone the has questions or needs directions can e-mail me at ecfdm13@roadrunner.com

If you're sure that you can make make it, please post it so maybe we'll have some idea of how many are going to show up.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:Be sure to check our Home page Event Schedule here to pick a date that does not compete with an existing event. FYI... we just posted our twice yearly B.G. Meet & Eat for March 11th too.

Also if you want to make it an "official" NWOGEO M&E, then we could post a poll here to see if everyone would be ok with pre-empting our regular Maumee and Findlay M&E for that month, to encourage people to travel to the "nomadic" M&E instead, like we do for the B.G. M&E.

Whether the M&E is hosted by NWOGEO, or by an individual member, we will be sure to post it here on our Home page Event Schedule.

Oh... and I agree the GeoFlint13 that BWW is probably your best overall choice too! (Especially if you can convince them to turn down the background volume a bit.
Do we want to go ahead and do a poll on whether or not to cancel the other February M&Es? I'm ok with it either way as we are unable to go to either Maumee or Findlay.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

TeamMina wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Be sure to check our Home page Event Schedule here to pick a date that does not compete with an existing event. FYI... we just posted our twice yearly B.G. Meet & Eat for March 11th too.

Also if you want to make it an "official" NWOGEO M&E, then we could post a poll here to see if everyone would be ok with pre-empting our regular Maumee and Findlay M&E for that month, to encourage people to travel to the "nomadic" M&E instead, like we do for the B.G. M&E.

Do we want to go ahead and do a poll on whether or not to cancel the other February M&Es? I'm ok with it either way as we are unable to go to either Maumee or Findlay.

It doesn't matter to me, either way.
I've never been to an event of any kind, that's why I'm so excited about this one and being a part of it.