Mini-pens for Micro Caches

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Scook
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)
Location: I'm from Cincinnati, I just happen to live in Detroit.

Mini-pens for Micro Caches

Post by Scook »

I brought, showed off and even gave away a few mini ballpoint pens at the NWOGEO Fall Meeting. While I'd like to take credit for the idea, I actually got the concept and technique from the HuntnLady's Website.

Here's the link to the instruction page for making them.
The Prime Suspect Guide to Creating Mini-Pens

These pens are great for small cache boxes and a box of 10 of the unmodified Bic pens only cost around a buck.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Mini Pens

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Some time ago I used to carry around little mini pens in my pocket. I hunted around the house and found one. It was made by Lindy Pen Co., and was about 3.5" long, and had a pocket cllip, and and a cap. I remember I used to see them on counter tops in jars at check-out counters. Tried to find them on the Web, with no success. They would be perfect for Geocaching, without the work of custom cutting the Bic pens. If I run across them somewhere I'll post where.

Meanwhile the Bic pens are sure cheap enough, as long as you don't mind performing the surgery on them! :)
mole275
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by mole275 »

just a quick reply on this one i dont know how cold it gets or if you have many winter cachers there in ohio but i dont have much luck using pens below freezing i always carry a pencil with me and most micros ive ran into have room for a cut down pencel and a sharpner just my two cents but im not a ink pen fan when it comes to geocaching