Cabela's Confluence

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

augies
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Cabela's Confluence

Post by augies »

I was wondering if anyone in this group is heading up to Cabela's for the Meet at the mountain cache?? Here is the link if you missed it..
12/28/2003 (Michigan)
Cabela's Confluence (meet at the mountain). by victorymike
(Event Cache) (GCH6FN) (57.05 mi/91.81 km NE)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ?ID=101579
TeamSoaring

Cabela's

Post by TeamSoaring »

Team Soaring will be going to Cabela's on the 28th. We hope to see a few NWOGEO folks there too!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! :D

Kylie
Team Soaring
Steven and Kylie
Hydnckr
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was there, had a great time.

Post by Hydnckr »

I was at the Cabela's Confluence and had a really great time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NWOGEO was represented by:

Team Hydnckr, JSlagle, GrizzFlyer, OL'GEM, Team Soaring, Auggies (even tho I don't know you) and there could have been others but I haven't met you face to face yet. :wink:

This was a fun event and I met several MiGO cachers, even a geocaching.com approver and a BORG ball maker !
augies

Post by augies »

Well I made it up to Cabela's for confluence.. When we got there we found a huge mob of people at the foot of the mountain. We heard the fella with the firemans jacket on saying something but couldn't here what he said, then everyone dispersed and we are not sure where everyone went. So that was the end of our Cabela's confluence.. :( After reading some of the logs it was apparent that everyone went to a room somewhere. Wish we could have heard the guy pointing out the meeting area but it was just too loud in the store to hear anything.. Hope all had fun and we hope to make to the next event.
I should add: I assumed that when everyone dispersed we were all going outside to the coordinate site to exchange bugs and visit. That is why I wasn't too worried about what was said inside.. See what happens when you assume :oops: .
augies