Wanted: SC Nominations

Topics of interest to NWOGEO as a group.

Moderator: Steering Committee

jslagle
Ninja Rabbit

Wanted: SC Nominations

Post by jslagle »

Need Steering Committee nominees. You can shoot them to me in a PM, or just reply here. I'll collect them.
--
Jason Slagle
Official geek of nwogeo :D
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Wanted: SC Nominations

Post by cheechgang »

I am happy to nominate Mighty_Mo, Bearclaws, and OnD'Hunt if they are interested.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

It is with great pleasure that I nominate the gentleman from Monclova Twp CheechGang should he be interested.

Humbly I nominate the honorable Jslagle to continue with the great work, should he be inclined to continue.
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

Have we decided on the guidelines for SC? What do consider the boundary lines for the different areas of the NWO? I like to nominate Flybye, Sunni, and McCombref from the Findlay area and T-hunter and Team Mina from the Defiance area. We can't forget Bearclaws and Good Dog if these guys would like to serve.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

I don't know if this is the right place, but I'll accept the nomination to put my name in the running.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

If selected I will be honored to serve.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

I knew this would happen when we went caching instead of to the meeting. We accept - well Mr says Mrs should be the one to serve if selected.
scuba
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by scuba »

I nominate jhenkel for the SC
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Just in case anyone is not aware, there is a "Steering Committee List" function in the menu to the left under the "Information" heading.

I have updated it, post dated to when I resigned from the SC back in February.
RustyNail09
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by RustyNail09 »

Allright, Time for my chime in after a day of debate and thinking.
I have came up with 4 nominations I would like to throw out there.

First off I would like to Nominate Geoflint for the SC. He would be a great addition for the outer laying areas other than the greater Toledo area!

My second nomination is for RNW422. His insight on the family caching experience would help make our group ALOT more family friendly

My third nomination is for Scuba. He is level headed, a great teacher of caching, and a perfect moderator that will be needed for the first SC.

My final nomination is not actually a nomination, I would gladly Second Jhenkel for SC. Her work so far to spearhead getting a new SC started is what we need to keep this new group on track.

We all need to remember, that the first SC will have alot of bumps in the road ahead with everyone wanting to put their 2 cents in on how NWOGEO should proceed. Having a good mix of "Elder/previous" members and "new blood" members is what is going to help NWOGEO proceed to the level we all hope for!
sunrenay
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by sunrenay »

I'm not sure how much help I'd actually be due to lack of caching experience but I would love to help in any way possible.

I third, fourth, fifteenth (whatever) the nominations MM, Jhenkel, Scub, Bearclaws and RNW. 2 of these people have been very welcoming to a newbie and 3 have taken a little time to talk to me and answer questions.
OnDHunt
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by OnDHunt »

sunrenay wrote:I'm not sure how much help I'd actually be due to lack of caching experience but I would love to help in any way possible.
I think there is something to be said for having the input of a newer cacher especially if we want to promote geocaching and be more welcoming to new cachers.
I am an amazed cacher!
jslagle
Ninja Rabbit

Post by jslagle »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:Just in case anyone is not aware, there is a "Steering Committee List" function in the menu to the left under the "Information" heading.

I have updated it, post dated to when I resigned from the SC back in February.
You're not allowed to step down until we have a new group picked. Then you can decide if you want to continue :P

Jason
--
Jason Slagle
Official geek of nwogeo :D
dougohio2
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by dougohio2 »

After attending this meeting to reorganize and listen to what others had to say. I agree with the nomination of Jhinkle Scuba Bear claws, Geo flints,Sunni and Cheech. It was said that it should go on experience and number of caches found, time caching and such. I disagree with that as again you are discouraging new blood into the group. I realize that it only takes one bad apple to ruin a group but some need to realize just because you may only have 300 caches to your name does not mean you are not experienced. So with that said I would also like to add Rusty nails to the list of nominations. For the short time we have been involved in this group/geocaching Rusty nails (Josh) has always been one to give advice, help, teach and he welcomes all. We need a SC that is going to be newbie friendly and at the same time have the best interest in the group. Just my two cents.
The Mrs half of this team!
Doug n Holly Wright
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Ditto Holly on the SC member criteria. I'll probably elaborate more later.
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Tue 2009-11-10, 16:55:57, edited 1 time in total.