Nominations for Steering Committee

Topics of interest to NWOGEO as a group.

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Nominations for Steering Committee

Post by cachergirl27 »

As discussed at Spring Fling: We are entertaining nominations for the Steering Committee. We are looking for cachers who have been active for a while, who are going to remain active for the foreseeable future and who have hidden quality caches. We would like cachers from different parts of the area to represent the whole of NW Ohio. Please email me through Geocaching.com (cachergirl27), and include your real name and an email address at which we can contact you! Thank you!
cachergirl27

Re: Nominations for Steering Committee

Post by cachergirl27 »

Bumping this thread. We will be closing the nominations next Tuesday, June 16! Please contact me if you are interested in throwing your name in the ring. Thanks!
Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

I had to leave before this was discussed at the Fling.
I've got a few questions that were likely discussed.

What is being done with nominations? Who is voting on the new committee, the whole group or the current steering committee? Will it be a public ballot or blind voting?
How many members do you plan to have on the steering committee?
How long of a term does a "voted in" committee member receive?
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Handyman-N-Fam wrote:I had to leave before this was discussed at the Fling.
I've got a few questions that were likely discussed.

What is being done with nominations? Who is voting on the new committee, the whole group or the current steering committee? Will it be a public ballot or blind voting?
How many members do you plan to have on the steering committee?
How long of a term does a "voted in" committee member receive?
Good questions, Handyman! The current SC members will be voting on the nominations. We will be looking at a few different things, including how active the nominee is within NWOGEO, cache placements, cache maintenance, and just overall attitude.
The current SC will discuss via email and/or in person.
We haven't come to a consensus as to how many people we want but the last time we re-organized we shot for 6-7. I don't see the harm in having that many people if we would get that many people interested.
We don't have a current term limit right now. I've been on it since 2010(?), Giz has been on since the beginning of time, Suchanana has been on it a few years. The original idea was to have a turn over every couple of years with the years rotating so there would always be an "experienced" SC member on board mentoring the next wave.
Hope that answers the questions. And these are just my thoughts on the matter, if Giz & Suchanana have different thoughts, PLEASE go ahead & post them!!!!!!!