Midwest Geobash 2009!! - July 23-26

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

-Eleanor-
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Midwest Geobash 2009!! - July 23-26

Post by -Eleanor- »

The Midwest Geocaching Foundation is proud to present Midwest Geobash 2009! It’s the year of the Cowboy Chicken, where we go back to basics. We’re taking the event back to Northwest Ohio, where it all began. Come and celebrate this tradition as we take it home for the fifth year anniversary. Thursday we’re going to Harrison Lake, to retire the Flamingo mascot that started it all. Then we head back to the Fulton County Fairgrounds, to enjoy three more days of what Geobash is all about. Fun, fellowship, and friendship will abound with our relaxed atmosphere of camping, socials, and sessions.

We’re looking forward to a great 2009. We can’t wait to see you there!

MWGF
http://www.mwgb.org

GC1HKTM

Last edited by -Eleanor- on Wed 2008-12-17, 00:35:30, edited 1 time in total.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Midwest Geobash 2009!!

Post by TeamMina »

Woohoo!
We can finally make a Geobash!
It's right here!
WooHoo!!
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

:( :( :( Wrong weekend for me, as I'll be in N. Michigan at a music festival. Hope everyone has a great time at this new spot. It IS a nice spot too!(darn...).
linzypooh49

Post by linzypooh49 »

So they put up geobash close to me, tell me about it many months in advance, and then I think "I can actually plan ahead for one and make it". Then I look at the dates and realize that is the time of the year we always go on vacation to Northern Michigan. Doh!!!!
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

I'm glad to see it's at the Fulton fair grounds. It's a nice fair grounds. lots of shade.
ScouterJoe

Post by ScouterJoe »

Now I've got to decide if I'm camping or day trippin'.
-Eleanor-

Post by -Eleanor- »

The event page is now up! Make sure to put it on your watchlist to keep informed of updates!

GC1HKTM
OrangeDawg
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by OrangeDawg »

when will registration open?
will there be a link there to reserve tent sites?
i am already on the watch list, but just curious to schedule my summer events.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=897559:19olzmea][img:19olzmea]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Let's+get+together+and+cache!&uid=0c616b4b-478c-4e00-ba79-5f10c88276aa[/img:19olzmea][/url:19olzmea]
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Midwest Geobash 2009 Update email from 02/17/09

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

In an email, [i]info@MWGB.org[/i] wrote:Hello all watchers of the MWGB 2009! Just a note to say we've posted a massive update to the schedule and details about our 20 GPS Unit Giveaway which will be taking place throughout the event.

The Friday/Saturday schedule has been fleshed out a little and we're very excited about the activities that have been planned and the ones still in planning stage are looking like a lot of fun. The concept with the activities this year is to bring everyone together to start the activities, send you out to participate if you choose, and then come back together to see the results. This will provide ample opportunity to explore the grounds, the surrounding area and caches, and also to participate in all the activities you choose to.

We're looking forward to July!

Registration is almost ready. We hope to post it sometime next week but are ironing out some final details about the campgrounds. If you are camping, there is PLENTY of space... you may want to "stake yer claim" early if you hope to camp in a group with a set of sites... but otherwise you can book affordable on-venue camping with great facilities (we won't say "world class" but for the price - you won't do better!) almost right up to the event day.

We appreciate early registrations as they help us to plan for the crowd we need to expect.

Thanks everyone! See you in July!
MWGB Link: www.MWGB.org
GC Link: GC1HKTM

-Eleanor-

Post by -Eleanor- »

After a week of early access testing for volunteers we are confident that all kinks in the registration have been ironed out (thanks to our volunteers for being test candidates!) and we have thrown the doors wide open!

Come to the website (http://mwgb.org) and log in. If you do not have an account, you will need to register on the site first. Then, click the link in the top menu for "REGISTER!" (first item) and you will see the registration page. There are 3 components to a MWGB registration - People, Places and Things.

First add people. If you attended and registered in 2008 you should see your previous persons listed in the quick add area. You can click the + button there to quickly add them. Add new people by using the gray highlighted "Add" button.

You can register independently or you can have one person manage the registration for your group.

Once you add people, you can add places and things. Places tell us where you'll be staying. We use this information to generate reports that will let you see who is staying in your hotel, to help you find friends in the campground, and who is day tripping. This is optional for anyone who is not camping. If you are camping, you will find the link to the camping reservations here.

On venue camping is available for the weekend and includes regular sites, 50 amp service sites, and RV sites with full hookups (including sewer) and 30 amp service. We have done our best to note the features of all campsites, but as in the past - the data is compiled by volunteers and it is up to you to confirm the power is compatible with your equipment before plugging in to avoid damage.

We have a GREAT lineup of swag designed by Mr. Chris Mackey. We have another really cool shirt design and it will not be white by popular demand :) (tentatively planned as a tan shirt) The Geocoin is fantastic as usual, another must have design. And we will be having the trading pins again. This year's set features 6 pins. You can pick up a pack of 6 traders and then cruise the grounds hitting up fellow pin traders to complete your set. As in the past, one pin will only be available from our volunteer crew, so be sure to find them. Say thanks and they will probably trade with you ;)

REMEMBER - MWGB is a completely free event to attend. We pay for all event expenses from the proceeds of our swag sales. So please consider purchasing some swag. Not only is it great stuff, but it keeps MWGB afloat.

ALSO REMEMBER - The only way to guarantee the swag you want is to pre-order it from mwgb.org during the open registration period and then pick it up at the event store when you arrive. We order only 15-20% more than what is ordered for will call for sale in the store so we do not end up with lots of extra swag left over. The result of this has been Geocoins and shirts were sold out by Friday evening in 2008 and in 2007 everything was sold out by early Saturday morning. So WE MEAN IT :) We don't order a lot extra. Plus - you save money! All pre-purchased swag is discounted over event pricing. So it makes sense for everyone.

20 GPS UNIT GIVEAWAY - If you plan on attending MWGB, you will be excited to know that throughout the weekend we will be giving away 20 GPS units. And these aren't cheapies. Made possible by a sponsor! Currently we have 3 dashboard units and 10 Color Legend Cx units and will be lining up the other 7 as the event approaches. Keep an eye on the event schedule to see when GPS units will be awarded. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN in all cases. Like, immediately present. Not in Wauseon somewhere, not across the grounds :)

QUESTIONS? - Hit us up via our profile linked from the event page, at info@mwgb.org or post in the forums at http://mwgb.org
jslagle
Ninja Rabbit

Post by jslagle »

Registered in site 25.
--
Jason Slagle
Official geek of nwogeo :D
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

38-3

Because it is easy in and out and centered.
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Wed 2009-03-18, 15:11:27, edited 1 time in total.
PBZ

Post by PBZ »

65-3 for us. Can't wait.
sunrenay
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by sunrenay »

I was going to attempt to camp it but DH said he wasn't planning on coming with me. Maybe we'll get a room for a night. I already requested time off from work. lol
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

We might daytrip it.