NWOGEO Year 6 Adopt-A-Highway/CITO: #2 of 4 in 09'

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

GoodDog
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: NWOGEO Year 6 Adopt-A-Highway/CITO: #2 of 4 in 09'

Post by GoodDog »

Mighty_Mo wrote:Mike, when will you need to leave?

Who will have the "official" form and be the "trainer".
I"ll need to leave at 12:00. I can do the training (such as it is), but I don't have any forms or vests. If you are new and coming to help, just wear a bright shirt or hi-viz vest if you have one. I may still have some of my own extra vests. Someone can borrow my dog Judson's vest. He's as big as a lot of cachers.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Hydnckr has confirmed that he has contacted the State for our Saturday AAH.CITO.

Also, here is a copy of the email I sent to Papa2All for our last AAH/CITO:
[hr]
Hello Papa2All,

I’ve updated the AAH/CITO Event Page to fix the links to the State Of Ohio AAH Page.

I take one copy of the AAH Release Form, that everyone attending is suppose to sign,
a few copies of the Parental/Guardian Consent Release Form, in case anyone brings kids over 11 and forget to bring the form,
a copy of the AAH Safety Briefing, (aka Tailgate Briefing), that should be discussed before the event along with discussing,
a copy of the Meth Lab Waster Brochure,
and a copy of the Recognizing Meth Lab Waste.

There is also a new requirement that the State has posted. When we are done with the event we are supposed to file a report on their site.
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/Hi ... ayold.aspx

I can complete the form after the event, however some info will be needed from the field. From the field we need to know, the number of participants, the number of bags filled, the start and end times, and the oddest item found.

Google Street View of where to move west sign to:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 1428571425

Here is a copy of my email I sent to you send via GC, in case you did not get it yet:

Thanks for the reminder! I had planned on sending you an email about a couple instructions that are not mentioned on our cache pages.

The State USUALLY provides more bags than we need, and stuffs them under the orange safety cones that they place next to the portable "Workers Ahead" signs. I always bring extra bags, just in case. Sometimes they bring vests too. (The tiny ones!) I usually bring some of them along too.

I usually turn around the east sign as I drive by it, then continue to the west sign. They have moved our west sign a bit further west, away from a residence driveway, however it is still to close. When the sign is turned toward traffic, it blocks the traffic view for those people as they pull out of their driveway. The last time, I moved the sign to the  east, almost centerd on their front yard. They are very thankful for us doing that. I just park at the end of their driveway while doing that.

Yeah I don't remember all the things we need to know for the AAH/CITO either, and need to review them each year.

I was going to point you to the relavant links on the cache page to the State documents, but I see they have changed their website and all the links are broke.

I'll have to research their site to find the links again, and make sure the docs have not changed.

Eariler I sent out an email to Hydnckr to make sure he notifed the State of the date. He has not replied yet.

Once I get the links fixed, I'll get back to you.

If you want help with this, a few other regulars look like they will now be attending. You are welcome to recruit their help and forward this email to them.

Thanks!
gg
scuba
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by scuba »

I am planning on being there. Maybe with another helper.
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Looks like we have a 6-8. Don't forget a 5 gal bucket and a grabber. Gloves are also suggested.

I would suggest long pants with a dose of Deep Woods OFF on the legs.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:.

Parental/Guardian Consent Release Form[/url], in case anyone brings kids over 11 and forget to bring the form, Dead Link[[/size]

There is also a new requirement that the State has posted. When we are done with the event we are supposed to file a report on their site.
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/Hi ... ayold.aspx

I can complete the form after the event, however some info will be needed from the field. From the field we need to know, the number of participants, the number of bags filled, the start and end times, and the oddest item found. Lobsters!![/color]

I printed copies of the release form, and saftey briefing. I'm not going to print out the meth lab stuff. Ric and I can take notes for the after action report.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Can anyone loan me a bucket, or do we need a shuttle person? I have gloves, but no picker/bucket, etc.... I plan on being there. I'm just very unprepared!
PBZ
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by PBZ »

We have two trash grabber things if someone needs to borrow them. Sorry we cna't make it!
larsw
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by larsw »

I should be able to help out on Saturday. See you then!
larsw

Post by larsw »

larsw

Post by larsw »

cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

I've made arrangements with PBZ to get their grabbers, but still don't have a bucket. Oh well, trash bags for me will work! :)
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

I have 2 spare buckets and zero spare grabbers. Jen will be uising a bucket, so I now have one bucket available.

As long as we are talking about things to remember, a safety vest is needed. Remember this is US24.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Lynn found a box of CITO stuff, so we have vests, as long as you can wear a size medium. I have lots of buckets, and will bring some.
I think Mo said it, but wear long pants and decent shoes. Just pretend you are caching.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Mighty_Mo wrote:I have 2 spare buckets and zero spare grabbers. Jen will be uising a bucket, so I now have one bucket available.
Thank you Mr. Ric! I'll hunt down a vest somewheres! :elephant
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

The vests we have are thin plastic...they could be ducted taped together to make any size needed...or taped to a bucket.