Will anybody attend a Van Wert pathtag/sig item swap meet?

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

Keger8
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Will anybody attend a Van Wert pathtag/sig item swap meet?

Post by Keger8 »

Hello, i was wondering if there is any interest in a Van Wert pathtag and sig item swap meet? before i plan it and everything i wanted to know if people would actually show up.

Thanks,
KEGER8
GrizzFlyer

Re: Will anybody attend a Van Wert pathtag/sig item swap mee

Post by GrizzFlyer »

There was a geo-meeting in Van Wert in November 2007 (GC16YP9). It had lots of people show up. The attraction, other than meeting lots of cachers, was that it was held in a sports bar in VW. We all had a lot of fun. Weenee even got his pic taken with a guy in a weenie suit, it was hilarious.

Make it a "regular" local event, pick the right place, and it should work. The pathtag/sig item swap could be an offshoot to the regular meeting.

The sports bar thing might be off-limits to you, not sure. Maybe there is another venue. And do it after Labor Day, most folks are back from vacations by then.
Geocaching.com Charter Member
NWOGEO Charter Member

Keger8

Post by Keger8 »

ok THANKS grizz. Yah i dont think they want a kid under 16 in s sports bar with a lot of adults! lol. So are you suggesting like a once a month event? And are trying to say that it should just be a regular meeting but have a seperate table for people to do some swapping when they want then return to the meeting?
KEGER8
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

There is a meet & eat at Schlotzsky’s Deli in maumee and Panera Bread in Findlay There a is separate table where trackables are discovered and traded etc. Perhaps a local restaurant would be willing.

If there is interest start with a single event and see how it goes.
Keger8

Post by Keger8 »

ok, thanks mighty mo. i know a place that would be happy to host it. will probobly be held in 2-3 months to see what the turnout is.
KEGER8
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

I just counted logs for the 2007 M&E in Van Wert, and it looks like about 18 people attended. One of the group pictures in the logs, seems to confirm that number too. (Any log entry that mentioned "we", I counted as two people.)

So I think the question is answered, that people will definitely attend. And given that the last even was two years, ago, I suspect even more people would show this time.

So, with the question of whether people will attend, answered, I am closing this topic and refer everyone to the new topic covering Keger8's request for location suggestions and other ideas.

New topic link: Forums/viewtopic/t=2095.html