playing stay away

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

theherd
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

playing stay away

Post by theherd »

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me, what is the strangest thing you have done to deter a muggle?
My kids usually just drop the M-word, and they all start posing like I am taking pics of them...in the middle of nowhere. However the funniest one I've heard is a man out caching alone, and as muggles approached him, he squatted, holding up a roll of toilet paper. They simply nodded and moved on.
*the shortest distance between two points is not the one you took there, but the one you took back*
keithandcompany
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Re: playing stay away

Post by keithandcompany »

If we are in a heavy muggle area, MJ usually says, "now, where did you think you dropped your keys?" This usually helps while looking though bushes in urban parks.
BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by BlackBrownDog »

good one...we usually make up something ridiculous and unbelieveable, unless the LAW is asking the questions...
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

I have a cheap digital camera with me. People never seem to care what you are doing if you have the camera out.
theherd
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by theherd »

Lost keys would be a good idea, with the right muggles. If they are to friendly, they may offer to help, then you have a whole new set of problems. LOL!
*the shortest distance between two points is not the one you took there, but the one you took back*