Recommended Caches

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Recommended Caches

Post by Cachemeister »

Purdue Wildlife Practicum

I completed this cache over the weekend and I thought it was well worth sharing some info that might encourage some others to tackle this Unknown Cache...

It's rated high, but almost all of the hike is a fairly nice trail. Only the last couple hundred feet or so may require some special footware - depending on recent weather activity.
A little time on Google Earth should provide a decent set of guesstimated coordinates.

If you desire to hunt a large ammo can cache that provides a nice hike with great scenery and the potential to observe many different forms of wildlife, this is definitely the one. No micro here!

The only real obstacle to this cache is the tendency to use geo-intuition. Sometimes looking where it’s not is where it is… think Seinfelds Bizzaro World for this one and you'll find it quickly...

This one may be a healthy stone's throw from the local stomping grounds, but if you know of any good cache around that is worth the hunt, but the listing may "deter" some from the attempt, list 'em here with your comments. I (and possibly others) would like to hear about them.
T-Hunter
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Recommended Caches

Post by T-Hunter »

I used to be up that way a lot and had often looked at that cache but never took the time to study things. I still make it up that way to play golf with my ex father in law and just may have to consider trying it. Thanks for bringing up a cache I once thought about trying but forgot about.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

I've looked at thatone a few times, and just recently. Mrs. TeamMina was just caching over there last weekend, but avoided it due to it being map-based. Which I reckon is my forte. Love to go after that one sometime! There's a cheech gang cache that kinda operated that way T Hunter & I bounced stuff of each other over in Maumee. He got there first though.
TeddyR
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by TeddyR »

I have not a whole lot of caching up in yoru area but I will suggest (Fight Club)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 2421f2324f

Four stages hidden in a very cool method.
T-Hunter
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by T-Hunter »

TeddyR wrote:I have not a whole lot of caching up in yoru area but I will suggest (Fight Club)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 2421f2324f

Four stages hidden in a very cool method.
I agree, that was a nicely done cache.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.